Privacy Notice Mujer Tec Award
"In the event of a discrepancy between the content of the English version and the original Spanish version the latter shall prevail".
Identity and address of the responsible entity
The entity responsible for the personal information that you provide is Instituto Tecnológico y de Estudios Superiores de Monterrey (hereinafter “ITESM”), address Av. Eugenio Garza Sada Sur No. 2501, Colonia Tecnológico, Monterrey, Nuevo León, Mexico, C.P. 64849
Personal data and sensitive personal data processed by ITESM
As part of your registration as a candidate to the Mujer Tec Award (hereinafter "the Prize"), ITESM will process the following categories of personal data: identification (including your image or voice, that may be recorded through videos and/or photographs), contact, employment, academic and other information that you provide and/or that is publicly available for the purpose of evaluating your profile as a participant in the contest.
In case that you provide information concerning to third parties for their nomination in the contest, you recognize that, previously, you have their permission and you have notified to the Data Owner about the processing and treatment of their personal data that ITESM will process under the terms of this Privacy Notice.
We remind you that ITESM do not collect or process any personal data directly from minors. In case that this information is necessary, such information must be provided by their parents, legal guardian and/or the person with legal custody of the minor. In the event that ITESM detects a minor providing their personal data without the consent of the person with legal parental authority, ITESM will cancel such information.
ITESM will process your personal information for the following primary and necessary purposes:
- To manage and administer the electronic access to the technological infrastructure, in order to perform the registration of your postulation or of the candidate that you postulate.
- To identify you as participant in the contest and, in its case, evaluate your profile in accordance with the rules of the contest's current call for entries.
- To attend, register and follow up on the information request(s) made.
- To contact you using physical and/or electronic communication media, in order to make the necessary arrangements for your participation in the competition's call for entries.
- To verify that you satisfy the application requirements for the application to the call you have chosen for your participation.
- To validate the veracity and quality of the information you provide to us by institutional sources, ITESM's historical records, investigations and/or data analysis activities, as necessary.
- To determine your ethical standing, as may be required.
- To evaluate and analyze your application and individual merits, by the Jury.
- In case you win the award, to contact you and inform you of the logistics of the award ceremony.
- To make the necessary arrangements for the expedition and delivery of the corresponding award.
During the Awards Ceremony, you may be photographed and/or videorecorded to produce dissemination media considered appropriate for all ITESM promotional and informative purposes and may be published or distributed nationally or internationally, through printed or electronic media, such as ITESM web pages, social networks, brochures and/or third parties' promotional ads.
- To keep a historical record of your participation.
- To perform internal control statistics.
- To comply with obligations established in applicable legislation.
We inform that you cannot object or oppose to ITESM to stop processing your personal data for the mentioned purposes, since this processing is necessary to provide you the services you requested.
If you don't oppose, ITESM will process your personal data for the following additional purposes:
- To send you invitations to assist to others Awards ceremony events.
- To send you communications about new editions of the Award.
In case that you (as a nominated candidate) or the candidate that you nominated, do not want that your personal data be processed for any or all of the secondary purposes mentioned above, you can communicate it to us at the following e-mail address: email@example.com, indicating us:
If you then wish to limit the use of your personal data for secondary purposes, you may follow the above process or you may opt-out in those communications in which you are instructed to do so.
In order to fulfill the aforementioned necessary purposes or any others required by law or by the competent authorities, ITESM will transfer the necessary personal data to the following organizations and for the following ends:
|Third party receiving the personal data
|The Award Sponsors
|To inform them that you are the winner.
|Entities, organizations or companies that are part of the ITESM partnership group
|To validate the veracity and quality of the information provided by you (as a candidate) and/or by the person you propose as a candidate and to analyze the suitability of your candidacy for the Award.
|To analize the eligibility of your candidacy for the award.
ARCO rights and/or revocation of consent
You or your legal representative can exercise any of your rights of access, rectification, cancellation or opposition (hereinafter “ARCO rights”), and revoke your consent for the processing of your personal data by sending an email and following the procedure, requirements, and deadlines for the exercise of your ARCO rights and/or revocation of consent on our webpage: https://tec.mx/es/derechos-arco-yo-revocacion-del-consentimiento.
Please note that we cannot address your request or terminate use immediately in every case, since a legal obligation could be in place that requires us to continue to process your data.
Options for limiting the use or disclosure of your Personal Data
You (as candidate) and/or the person you propose as candidate can limit the use or disclosure of your personal data by sending your request to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Requirements for proof of identity and the procedure for addressing your request will be governed by the same criteria indicated on our webpage: https://tec.mx/es/derechos-arco-yo-revocacion-del-consentimiento. If your request is valid, you will be added to ITESM’s exclusion list.
ITESM uses several technologies to enhance the efficiency of the Platform, including your browsing experience. Cookies are small pieces of information stored on the browser used by each user that enable the server to remember specific data that can be used later on. This information makes it possible to identify and save your personal preferences in order to offer you a better browsing experience.
- Select the option “configuration” or tools, according to your browser.
- Select the option deactivate cookies.
This process disables all the cookies on your browser, but not those from our Platform.
The personal data that can be obtained through the use of these technologies are: Identifiers, session username and passwords, region where you are located, type of browser, type of operating system, date and time of starting and finishing a session, webpages visited, searches completed, and advertising viewed. These technologies can be disabled by following the procedures of the internet browser you are using.
Changes to this Privacy Notice
ITESM reserves the right to modify, change or update this privacy notice at any time. The updated version of this notice is available in the Privacy Notice section on the following webpage: https://tec.mx/es/avisos-de-privacidad-especiales.
Last updated: november 2021